Followers

Saturday, 8 May 2010

HqHair order

My HQHair order arrived today. I've heard alot of people having problems with them, but My order took just under a week to arrive (including bank holiday and volcanic ash disturbances!)

So when I got an email saying there was a 15% off coupon for the bank holiday weekend I had to take advantage. I'd wanted some Nars stuff and some Bare Essentials.



First off the Nars stuff, I got Sheer glow, in Deauville. I've heard this is a good match for NW20. I'm excited to try this as I'm sure you've heard the good reports all over the blogosphere!

UPDATE: I tried it today and it's amazing! I know I can't rave after just one application.. but seriously, you need the tinyest amount, applys beautifully (with a Sigma 109) and leaves a really nice finish that didn't require much concealer, I'd say medium coverage but feels light on the skin.. With my order I got a loyalty coupon for 15% off my next order and I think I'll definitly be buying a back up of this along with a couple more blushes and possibly laguna. Any other reccommendations??

I then got two blushes, one cream, one powder. Penny lane and then Amour.



Top to Bottom: Penny Lane, Amour


Penny Lane is a pretty light pink cream blush, Amour is a beautiful Coral/Pink Matte colour, It's matte but with a sheen, no shimmer in sight. It's incredibly pigmented and smooth, and I'm sure it won't be my last Nars Blush. Although I'd heard Deep Throat was a lovely blush, I have Coralista, and some others that look similar so I wanted to try others before it.

Then the Bare Essentials kit. I'd tried a tester of it and really enjoyed it's effect. You can buy this kit in Ireland for €65 but i'd seen it online for around £45 which is obviously way cheaper, so when I could get 15% I was sold!

I got the light kit which inclused, one fairly light foundation, one light foundation, mineral veil, Warmth bronzer, Bisque concealer, Two face brushes and one concealer brush.

2 comments:

  1. I really want this Bareminerals thang. My friend Kayti used to wear it in Australia cause it's been out in California for years. I think the light would be too light for me though 'cause I wear tan. Think I might sneak a peak at the medium in a shop before I order it. HQhair is a favorite in the Mulhare household, Dermatalogica is much cheaper. The dermal clay cleanser is my new favorite. You can feel it working!!
    Oh also, something else I got recently which you might want to try is the new shade eof black in the YSl false lash mascara. It's pricey (especially if you get through one every two months like me!)but it's so so worth it. My hands down favorite product on the market. xoxo
    p.s we need to lunch it soon, been waaay too long

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Drop in to BT2 in Grafton Street, I got some samples with the cutest little kabuki brushes so you could try the medium shade?

    Yes for lunch! Preferably before I go to Hong Kong! A mere five weeks away i'll have you know!

    ReplyDelete